Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a free benefit offered by AACPS through Business Health Services for permanent employees and members of their households. The EAP provides free, confidential telephonic or face-to-face counseling to help with family, personal, or work-related problems. Employees and household members are permitted up to 6 face-to-face counseling sessions per person per problem episode per year.
The EAP provides support for various issues impacting families today:
- Emotional and psychological issues such as grief/loss, depression, etc.
- Family issues such as marriage counseling, dealing with challenging children, etc.
- Substance abuse issues
- Major life events, including births, accidents and deaths
- Health care concerns
- Financial issues such as college funding, debt management etc.
- Legal concerns such as guardianship, custody and support, estate planning, real estate, etc.
- Work relationship issues
- Assistance finding child care or elder care
Call the EAP dedicated toll-free number at 1-800-327-2251 to be connected to a Care Coordinator. Services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
In response to the tragic events in our community on June 28, 2017 Dr. Arlotto released the following statement
“Our thoughts and prayers are with everyone involved in the horrific shooting at Capital Gazette Newspapers today, and especially those who tragically lost their lives. Capital Gazette employees have passionately dedicated themselves to the delivery of high-quality community journalism, including coverage of our school system, that impacts everyone in Anne Arundel County. We grieve with them and their loved ones.”
Our EAP, BHS, is staffed to take additional calls related to this incident.
Many resources are available to employees and members of their household to help cope with such a tragic event.
In addition to free confidential counseling, the following tip sheets may be of assistance.