Due to the current limitations on our ability to meet in groups, the process for learning about retirement and submitting retirement forms has been changed. Below you can:
1. Click on a link to listen to the Retirement Information presentation that was previously offered in a group setting. This presentation discusses in detail the options you have and the decisions you need to make to retire from the Maryland State Retirement and Pension System;
2. Click on a link to listen to the Retirement Forms Preparation and Submission presentation that will detail how to prepare your retirement forms and return them to AACPS for processing and forwarding to Maryland State Retirement;
3. Click on a link to read our letter summarizing how to prepare and submit forms to AACPS.
Note: Once you have opened one of the two slide presentations, the media file will begin to play. If you need to pause, click the pause button at the bottom left of the screen.
AACPS Pre-Retirement Planning
In the fall and spring of each year, AACPS holds a program for employees who are considering retirement within the next three to five years.
Fall Program - October 17, 2020. 8:45 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. - Central Office - Board Room, 2644 Riva Rd. Annapolis, MD 21401 This program will not be held in person in October. Please see our slide presentations and the Maryland State Retirement's webinar and seminar offerings.
The Maryland State Retirement Agency
In lieu of in-person, Pre-Retirement Seminars, Maryland State Retirement occasionally hosts webinars to offer a general overview of the pension system to its membership. The next webinars will be:
Friday, August 14, 10-11 a.m.
Friday, October 9, 10-11 a.m.
Friday, December 11, 10-11 a.m.
To register online, click here Register
The Maryland State Retirement Agency in conjunction with the Community College of Baltimore
The MSRA and the Community College of Baltimore will host a full day virtual seminar to discuss the Maryland State Pension System, Legal Issues, Social Security Benefits, and Financial Planning. After registration, participants will receive a link to the webinar with instructions for usage
The next seminar will be held on August 6 from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. Click here to for more information and to Register
New Maryland State Retirement Pension Estimator Tool: MySRPS
The Maryland State Retirement and Pension System now offers members access to a secure website to obtain an instant estimate of your monthly pension payment. This process, in the past using Form 9, would take six to 16 weeks to obtain the results.
The new site allows participants to obtain information and make transactions related to their retirement account.
At MySRPS (My State Retirement Pension System) you can estimate your pension using various retirement dates to compare benefits. It even provides a way to estimate the value of your unused sick days.
To learn more about the secure website and to enroll in MySRPS, click here
Human Resources Office of Retirement
1-800-909-4882 (within U.S. only)
Social Security Administration
185 Harry Truman Parkway, Suite 114
Annapolis, MD 21401
Maryland State Retirement Agency
Anne Arundel Dept. of Aging and Disabilities
1. Heritage Complex – Bldg 2666, 2666 Riva Rd., Annapolis, MD 21401
2. 7320 Ritchie Highway, Glen Burnie, MD 21061
Telephone for both locations: 410-222-4257