Retirement 2022 (until further notice)
Due to the current limitations on our ability to meet in groups, the process for learning about retirement and submitting retirement forms has been changed. Below you can:
1. Click here to listen to the Retirement Information Presentation that was previously offered in a group setting. This presentation discusses in detail the options you have and the decisions you need to make to retire from the Maryland State Retirement and Pension System. (This is a YouTube video. If accessing from an AACPS location, you will need to log into your AACPS Google account.)
2. Click here to listen to the Retirement Forms Preparation and Submission Presentation that will detail how to prepare your retirement forms and return them to AACPS for processing and forwarding to Maryland State Retirement;
3. Click here for the Unused Sick Leave Conversion Chart to see how the value of unused sick leave is credited to those in the teachers' pension.
AACPS Pre-Retirement Planning
In the fall and spring of each year, AACPS holds a program for employees who are considering retirement within the next three to five years.
Spring 2022 Program: Until further notice, this program will not be held in person this Spring. Please see our slide presentations and the Maryland State Retirement's webinar and seminar offerings.
The Maryland State Retirement Agency
Maryland State Retirement occasionally hosts 1 hour webinars to offer a general overview of the pension system to its membership. The next webinars will be:
* Jan. 20, 10 - 11 a.m.
* Feb. 17, 10 - 11 a.m.
* April 21, 4 - 5 p.m.
* June 16, 10 - 11 a.m.
Click here to register for any of these dates: Click to register
The Maryland State Retirement Agency in conjunction with
the Community College of Baltimore
The MSRA and the Community College of Baltimore will host both full day virtual or in-person seminars to discuss the Maryland State Pension System, Legal Issues, Social Security Benefits, and Financial Planning. After registration, participants will receive a link to the virtual seminar with instructions for usage.
Full day Webinar Dates
* Feb. 2 (CRN 77416)
* Feb. 5 (CRN 77417)
* Feb. 15 (CRN 77419)
* March 16 (CRN tbd)
* March 30 (CRN tbd)
* April 22 (CRN 77437)
* April 29 (CRN 77438)
* May 17 (CRN 77443)
* June 2 (CRN 77447)
On-Site Seminar dates
* March 4 - CCBC Essex Campus (CRN 77139)
* March 22 - Harford Community College (CRN tbd)
* April 8 - Salisbury University (CRN 77441)
* May 10 - Hagerstown Community College (CRN 77446)
* May 24 - CCBC Owings Mills Center (CRN 77141)
* June 23 - CCBC Catonsville Campus (CRN 77143)
Click here to Register for both virtual and in-person seminars
New Maryland State Retirement Pension Estimator Tool: MySRPS
The Maryland State Retirement and Pension System now offers members access to a secure website to obtain an instant estimate of your monthly pension payment. This process, in the past using Form 9, would take six to 16 weeks to obtain the results.
The new site allows participants to obtain information and make transactions related to their retirement account.
At MySRPS (My State Retirement Pension System) you can estimate your pension using various retirement dates to compare benefits. It even provides a way to estimate the value of your unused sick days.
To learn more about the secure website and to enroll in MySRPS, click here
Human Resources Office of Retirement
1-800-909-4882 (within U.S. only)
Social Security Administration
185 Harry Truman Parkway, Suite 114
Annapolis, MD 21401
Maryland State Retirement Agency
Anne Arundel Dept. of Aging and Disabilities
1. Heritage Complex – Bldg 2666, 2666 Riva Rd., Annapolis, MD 21401
2. 7320 Ritchie Highway, Glen Burnie, MD 21061
Telephone for both locations: 410-222-4257