What are alternative program settings and supervised home instruction?
The mandatory kindergarten attendance regulations permit age eligible kindergarten children who are not attending a public or a nonpublic kindergarten to be enrolled in either an alternative program setting or supervised home instruction.
Alternative Program Setting:
- Full time in a licensed child care center
- Full time in a registered family day care home; or
- Alternative Kindergarten Form
Supervised Home Instruction:
- Parents/guardians who home school their children must register with their local school system in order to be in compliance with home schooling regulations.
- Parents of students who attend Alternative Settings must register their child with Anne Arundel County Public Schools prior to the opening of school.
- Send the letter to the Office of Early Childhood and School Readiness, 2644 Riva Road, Annapolis, Maryland 21401