- Anne Arundel County Public Schools
Get The Latest News Here!
April 17, 2019, UPDATE: The Board of Education has adopted attendance boundaries for Crofton Area High School. Click here to read those details.
August 24, 2018, UPDATE: Crofton Area High School will open its doors for students in grades 9 and 10 only in September 2020. The school will add Grade 11 in the 2021-2022 school year, and Grade 12 in the 2022-2023 school year.
The $135 million facility will have a state-rated capacity of 1,696 students and cover 275,768 square feet of space. It is being constructed just off Route 424 adjacent to Crofton Middle School.
A principal for the new school will be in place by July 2019. That person will form a committee or committees to select a school name, which must be approved by the Board, and a mascot and colors, which must be approved by the Superintendent. A separate committee formed by the Division of Advanced Studies and Programs will determine the school’s signature program.
Crofton Area High School will not be a magnet school. It will offer a full array of AACPS courses, including the Project Lead the Way engineering program.
Whether athletic teams will compete on the junior varsity or varsity levels when the school opens will be determined on a sport-by-sport basis. No decisions have yet been made.
- Click here to view a video of the Crofton Area High School Update presentation to the Board of Education at its August 22, 2018, meeting.
- Click here to view information presented to the Board of Education at its August 22, 2018, meeting.
- Redistricting Timeline
- Design Development documents (October 19, 2016)
- Schematic Design documents (August 17, 2016)
- Educational Specifications (May 4, 2016)
- Crofton Complex Viability Study (January 6, 2016)