Imagining our Future
The graphic above notes technological and societal changes that are currently in progress or planned to occur in the near future. As educators and adults in caretaker roles, we need to prepare our students to live and work in a world that may be different from the one in which we currently operate. As the world continues to change more rapidly than in the past, we also need to prepare our students to learn how to recognize, handle, adapt, and lead change in their personal and professional lives.
Note: Below you will find references for this component of the strategic plan.
- BBC - http://www.bbc.com/future/gallery/20170905-33-ideas-that-will-change-the-world
- Business Insider -
- Fast Company - https://www.fastcompany.com/world-changing-ideas/list
- Fast Company - https://www.fastcompany.com/3068902/the-world-changing-ideas-of-2017-2
- Millions Learning Report, Brookings Institution - https://www.brookings.edu/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/FINAL-Millions-Learning-Report-1.pdf
- Tech Tank, Brookings Institution - https://www.brookings.edu/blog/techtank/2017/04/06/ten-innovations-that-could-change-the-world-2/