Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a free benefit offered by AACPS through Business Health Services for permanent employees and members of their households. The EAP provides free, confidential telephonic or face-to-face counseling to help with family, personal, or work-related problems. Employees and household members are permitted up to 6 face-to-face counseling sessions per person per problem episode per year.
The EAP provides support for various issues impacting families today:
- Emotional and psychological issues such as grief/loss, depression, etc.
- Family issues such as marriage counseling, dealing with challenging children, etc.
- Substance abuse issues
- Major life events, including births, accidents and deaths
- Health care concerns
- Financial issues such as college funding, debt management etc.
- Legal concerns such as guardianship, custody and support, estate planning, real estate, etc.
- Work relationship issues
- Assistance finding child care or elder care
Call the EAP dedicated toll-free number at 1-800-327-2251 to be connected to a Care Coordinator. Services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.