Volunteering for AACPS
Volunteers are an important part of the AACPS school community. By offering their time and talent, volunteers enrich the education of our students, support our staff, and serve families in our community.
- Use the Virtual Volunteer Portal to track your hours
- Help Sheet for Volunteer Portal
- Volunteer Guide - Guidelines, policies, and information about volunteering.
Recognize a Volunteer
Recognize an outstanding volunteer at your school for our Volunteer of the Month by submitting your nomination ONE of the following ways:
- Complete a pdf nomination form and email the completed form per the instructions.
- Complete an online nomination form.
The safety of our students continues to be a priority. All volunteers must have a scheduled assignment.
Volunteers who wish to support the needs of our students outside of school (mental health, housing, food, supplies, etc.) are encouraged to provide services though their school PTA/PTO or reach out to one of the Community Resource organizations listed on our webpage. Volunteers may also consider the following volunteer opportunities:
- PTA or PTO member or officer
- Music, sports, or drama booster club member
- High school Signature Program advisory group member
Thank you for your interest in supporting our students.
Read stories about some of the AACPS Awesome volunteer programs offered at our schools.
Contact a school's staff liaison for volunteers to learn more about opportunities and become a volunteer.
For systemwide questions about volunteerism, contact Cynthia Bischoff, Family Involvement Specialist, Office of School & Family Partnerships.