What is the International Student and Family Welcome Center (IWC)?
The IWC is the first point of contact for international students entering Anne Arundel County Public Schools. our office has the capability to communicate in any language. At the IWC you can
- register your child for school
- have your child screened for English Language Acquisition (ELA) and other educational services
- get information about community services and resources for your family
Who registers at the IWC?
You should come to the IWC if your family speaks a language other than English at home and/or your child has attended school in another country.
Who should register at their home school?
- All new kindergarten students whose home language is not English.*
- All new students in grade 1 - 12 whose home language is not English and who are transferring from another school system in the United States.
* excpt kindergartners whose home language is not English after September 30 unitl the end of the school year.
Address and Phone Number:
1411 Cedar Park Road
Annapolis, MD 21401
For general information email us at:
To contact our Staff:
Manager, International Family Outreach Programs
Alba N. Morales
For questions about graduation requirements or testing: