Register Online Here (English)
Those uncomfortable or unable to enroll online may call the 4-Year-Old Prekindergarten school of enrollment to make an appointment.
Haga clic aquí para obtener un formulario en español
Aquellos que no se sientan cómodos o que no puedan inscribirse por internet puden llamar a la escuela del prekinder para hacer una cita.
Please click here for site locations.
Four-Year-Old Prekindergarten registration has catchment zones for enrollment. Please look here to see your catchment zone.
Children enrolling in Four-Year-Old Prekindergarten must be 4 years old on or by September 1. The following documents are required when applying for a child to attend Four-Year-Old Prekindergarten and must be uploaded along with the completed online application:
- Proof of identification of the person submitting enrollment documentation (must be a parent or legal guardian)
- The student’s original birth certificate, birth registration or birth record
- A copy of the student’s immunization record
- Two proofs of residency (rental agreement or mortgage statement and a current utility bill)
- Custody order (if applicable)
- Income verification
- One month of pay stubs (submitted within one month of the application)
Public Prekindergarten programs in Maryland are designed to improve the school readiness of children who meet the income eligibility guidelines, are homeless, have an active IEP, and speak a home language that is something other than English. If seats remain, schools may enroll students with other readiness needs. All families applying for Prekindergarten must provide income verification by submitting one of the following:
- Federal Income Tax Return (1040 statement) along with documentation related to other sources of income such as child support and/or rental income.
- Notarized Letter of No Income
- Notarized Employment Letter
- Military Income
- Current award letter for Temporary Cash Assistance.
- Proof of unemployment benefits.
All families must also submit one month of consecutive pay stubs.
For assistance in locating the school assigned to your attendance area, click on Locate Your School , then review the catchment zone document to determine the school you can apply to. If you are unable to locate your school in the locate your school link then contact the AACPS Planning Office at email@example.com.
Families who do not have internet access or who need additional assistance completing an application should contact the school at which they intend to enroll their student. School staff are able to assist families with completion of the online application.
Information about the recommended immunizations for children entering school is available at www.cdc.gov/vaccines/.
Full-day Four-Year-Old Prekindergarten programs are offered at some elementary schools. A non-mandated program funded by the state, prekindergarten opportunities are based on economic need of the student and other Maryland State Department of Education criteria.
AACPS prekindergarten programs offer a high-quality educational experience to eligible children in order to prepare them with the foundational knowledge and skills necessary for school success in kindergarten and beyond.
Public Four-Year-Old prekindergarten may not be used as an alternative to kindergarten. Students on a kindergarten wavier may not attend public prekindergarten. All four year olds are eligible to apply for the program. However, enrollment is limited because of funding. Some schools may have waiting lists.