Certificated Staff (Teachers and Student Services)
We have more than 5,500 teachers. Learn more about teaching in AACPS, including how to obtain a certificate without a degree in education.
Our student services team includes counselors, psychologists, social workers, and Pupil Personnel Workers.Learn more about working in student services.
Clerical and Administrative
Our clerical and administrative staff supports schools and departments throughout AACPS. Positions include from school secretaries to IEP clerks to executive secretaries.
- Most clerical and administrative positions require a Microsoft Word and Excel assessment prior to hire. Information about this assessment will be sent at the time of the job offer.
Communications and Outreach
AACPS communications and outreach are handled by three main offices that work to better communicate, partner, and cultivate relationships throughout the county.
Food and Nutrition Services
Our Food & Nutrition Services team employs over 525 school food professionals that include Food Service Workers, a team of Registered Dietitians, and office staff to plan and coordinate all menus to meet federal and state requirements.
- Our Food Service Workers serve nearly 70,000 breakfasts a lunch a day!
- Learn more about Food & Nutrition Services in AACPS.
Student support extends beyond the classroom. We have offices that focus on and work to review curriculum and student offerings, evaluate data, and develop staff to ensure all students are receiving the best education possible.
- Curriculum & Instruction
- Advanced Studies and Programs
- Instructional Data
- Professional Growth and Development
Safety and Security
A number of positions are in place to keep our students safe and secure. Our school security team oversees security needs, safety drills, and emergency procedures throughout AACPS.
Safety and security is also maintained through partnerships with other organizations in Anne Arundel County. You can find information on these positions directly through their local organizations.
- School Nurse- School nurses are employed by the Anne Arundel County Department of Health. Apply to be a school nurse.
- School Crossing Guard- Crossing guards are employed by the Anne Arundel County Police Department. Apply to be a school crossing guard.
- School Resource Officers- School Resource Officers (SROs) are employed by the Anne Arundel County Police Department.
- Staff/Volunteer Fingerprinting- Our fingerprint technicians and office administrators are employed by ScreenID. Apply for fingerprinting technician positions.
Principal and Assistant Principal applications are posted twice a year, in June and December. The interview process occurs in the fall for June applicants, and in the spring for December applicants.
Student Support (Substitutes, TA's, TSA's)
Our student support positions include Teacher Assistants, Student Advocates, Temporary Support Assistants, Substitute Teachers, and many more positions that work in our schools to directly support the needs of our students. These positions range from full-time permanent positions to substitute roles that allow you to pick the dates you work. Some positions may have college credit requirements. These requirements will be noted in the job description. In addition, positions based in Title I schools will require either 48 college credits or a passing score on the ParaPro Assessment for hire.
We have a Technology team of over 140- including app developers, desktop support, networking, cyber security, user support, and audio/video teams.
Our Transportation team includes Bus Drivers, Bus Aides, Van Drivers, Van Aides, and a number of office staff tasked with coordinating all school transportation including coordination with contracted agencies.
- Our Bus Drives and Aides alone travel over 675,000 miles a year!
- Learn more about Transportation in AACPS here.