SUPERINTENDENT MARK BEDELL'S LISTENING AND LEARNING TOUR
Provide Your Input on How to Make AACPS Great!
Superintendent of Schools Dr. Mark Bedell’s is hosting a series of Listening and Learning Tour sessions across the county, with events set to begin on Monday, November 28, and culminate on Wednesday, January 11.
Residents across Anne Arundel County – whether they have a student in Anne Arundel County Public Schools or not – are invited to attend any session and provide their thoughts on a variety of topics related to the school system. Sessions are open to everyone and those attending do not have to do so at their home school.
Dr. Bedell will address participants at the outset of each session. His remarks will be followed by facilitated small-group sessions which will allow for conversation on a variety of topics. Responses will be recorded and posted online after each session.
Sessions will be held according to the schedule on this page. With the exception of the January 4, 2023, session at Tyler Heights Elementary School, all sessions will run from from 6 to 8 p.m., with Dr. Bedell’s remarks beginning at 6:30 p.m.
Interpreters will be available to assist at all of the sessions above if needed. Anyone requiring interpretation services should call the bilingual facilitator at their student’s school to make those arrangements. Those who do not have children in school and who require an interpreter should call 410-222-5316.
To help ensure that AACPS’ growing Hispanic population has an opportunity to provide input, three sessions to be conducted in Spanish have been scheduled as follows:
- Thursday, December 8: Park Elementary School
- Friday, December 16: Brock Bridge Elementary School (this session begins at 5:30 p.m.)
- Wednesday, January 4: Tyler Heights Elementary School (this session begins at 5:30 p.m.)
Information from the sessions, along with that gleaned through other meetings as part of the 100-day Entry Plan, will be used by Dr. Bedell and his team to craft the post-entry plan for the school system. That plan will play a large part in the creation of a new AACPS Strategic Plan.
Listening Tour Dates
- Monday, November 28: Annapolis High School
- Monday, December 5: Meade High School
- Tuesday, December 6: Northeast High School
- Thursday, December 8: Park Elementary School (in Spanish)
- Tuesday, December 13: Old Mill High School
- Thursday, December 15: Broadneck High School
- Monday, December 19: North County High School
- Tuesday, December 20: Chesapeake High School
- Wednesday, December 21: Glen Burnie High School
- Tuesday, January 3: Crofton High School
- Wednesday, January 4: Tyler Heights Elementary School (in Spanish; this session begins at 5:30 p.m.)
- Thursday, January 5: Severna Park High School
- Monday, January 9: South River High School
- Tuesday, January 10: Southern High School
- Wednesday, January 11: Arundel High School
- Thursday, January 19: Brock Bridge Elementary School (in Spanish; this session begins at 6:00 p.m.)
Check back on this page after all sessions have been held for a compilation of feedback and a link to provide additional comment.