Excellence in Education Awards Dinner Postponed
Out of an abundance of caution, Anne Arundel County Public Schools is cancelling all large scale public events, including the upcoming Excellence in Education Awards Dinner.
Please be assured that we intend to celebrate each of your amazing contributions to our students, schools, and community. The event organizers have been in conversations with the BWI Airport Marriott and the 21st Century Education Foundation to postpone the awards dinner and will let you know as soon as these plans are finalized.
At this time, we ask for your patience as we make these alternative plans which include refunding guests who purchased tickets. We will be sending out information to any guests who purchased tickets soon.
Congratulations to our 2020 Teacher of the Year Finalists!
Six educators from across the county have been named finalists for the 2020 Anne Arundel County Public Schools Teacher of the Year:
- Lindsay Breach, a fourth-grade teacher at Glendale Elementary School
- Emily Davis, a language arts teacher at Brooklyn Park Middle School
- Mollie Dwyer, a special education teacher at Waugh Chapel Elementary School
- Tema Encarnacion, an ESOL teacher at Annapolis High School
- David Fawley, a marine service technology teacher at the Center of Applied Technology-South
- Hope Turner, a language arts teacher at Marley Middle School
Superintendent George Arlotto—joined by Board of Education President Michelle Corkadel, 21st Century Education Foundation President Ray Streib and other members of the Board of Education and Executive Staff—surprised each finalist in their classroom to share the exciting news.
In addition, two teachers were named finalists for the 2020 Independent Schools Teacher of the Year award:
- Camille Baumann, a science teacher at St. Mary’s High School
- Laraine Olechowski, an art teacher at St. Mary’s Elementary School
For questions about the Teacher of the Year selection process or awards ceremony:
Carol Ann McCurdy
Director of Partnerships, Development & Marketing
For questions about the application or submission form:
Business & Communication Specialist