Emergency Closing Announcements/Weather Notifications
How are Weather-Related Decisions Made?
When inclement weather occurs, AACPS personnel are out assessing the roads as soon as it's practical. Decisions about delayed openings or closings are made with many factors in mind, most notably the condition of school lots and walkways, the condition of roads, and the condition of sidewalks students must travel to get to school.
Multiple Ways to Get Notified
Changes to school schedules caused by inclement weather or other emergency conditions are announced:
- On the AACPS Connect-ED automated telephone, email, and text message notification system;
- On major area radio and television stations
- On this website (top of all pages and titled Schools Today)
- AACPS's social media accounts: Facebook (www.facebook.com/aacps), Instagram (www.instagram.com/aacountyschools), and Twitter (@AACountySchools) as well as on all school-specific Twitter pages.
- Recorded on the main switchboard voice mail (410-222-5000).
The school system’s website; Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram pages; individual school Twitter pages; and AACPS-TV remain the best places to check for accurate, up-to-date information on school closings and delays.