The secondary summer school program offers students a limited number of secondary school courses and provides students the opportunity to:
- Makeup work in which they were unsuccessful
- Improve grade averages in sequential subjects
- Earn credits to meet high school graduation requirements
Each course is highly concentrated and reviews the course content. Classes meet for two hours. All courses will have one-hour final assessments on the last day of summer school. A minimum of 12 students must be enrolled in a class to be offered.
Secondary Summer School is a concentrated, fast-paced learning environment. Thus, learning profiles and differences should be examined carefully in the recommendation process, as the goal is successful engagement with performance outcomes.
The secondary summer school program offers middle and high school courses.
- Middle School Courses: Courses previously taken
- High School Courses: Remedial credit, with few courses offered for original credit