Register Online Here (English)
Those uncomfortable or unable to enroll online may call the 3-Year-Old Prekindergarten school of enrollment to make an appointment.
Haga clic aquí para obtener un formulario en español
Aquellos que no se sientan cómodos o que no puedan inscribirse por internet puden llamar a la escuela del prekinder para hacer una cita.
Please click here for site locations. Please click here to learn more about a day in 3PK.
Children enrolling in Three-Year-Old Prekindergarten must be 3 years old on or by September 1. The first step for applying to our 3-Year-Old Prekindergarten is to complete the online application. After your application is reviewed, which could take several weeks, and you are offered a seat in the program, you will then need to submit these required documents:
- Proof of identification of the person submitting enrollment documentation (must be a parent or legal guardian)
- The student’s original birth certificate, birth registration or birth record
- A copy of the student’s immunization record
- Two proofs of residency (rental agreement or mortgage statement and a current utility bill)
- Custody order (if applicable)
Public Prekindergarten programs in Maryland are designed to improve the school readiness of children who meet the income guidelines, are homeless, have an active IEP, and speak a home language that is something other than English. All families applying for Prekindergarten must provide income verification by submitting one of the following for each adult in the household:
- Federal Income Tax Return (1040 statement) along with documentation related to other sources of income such as child support and/or rental income.
- Notarized Letter of No Income
- Notarized Employment Letter
- Military Income
ONE OF THE FOLLOWING
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF)
- Temporary Cash Assistance (TCA)
- Documentation from the homeless liaison
- Migrant Youth
- Documentation from participation in Headstart / Early Headstart / Even Start
- In a residential childcare institution (ward of the state)
- Foster care
Families who do not have internet access or who need additional assistance completing an application should contact the school at which they intend to enroll their student. School staff are able to assist families with completion of the online application.
Information about the recommended immunizations for children entering school is available at www.cdc.gov/vaccines/.
Full-day 3-Year-Old Prekindergarten programs are offered at some elementary schools. A non-mandated program funded by the state, prekindergarten opportunities are based on economic need of the student and other Maryland State Department of Education criteria.
AACPS prekindergarten programs offer a high-quality educational experience to eligible children in order to prepare them with the foundational knowledge and skills necessary for school success in kindergarten and beyond.
Public 3-Year-Old Prekindergarten may not be used as an alternative to kindergarten. Applications are limited to students that qualify under income guidelines, have an active IEP, and/or speak a home language other than English. Some schools may have waiting lists.