Register Online Here (English)
Those uncomfortable or unable to enroll online may call the 3-Year-Old Prekindergarten school of enrollment to make an appointment.
Aquellos que no se sientan cómodos o que no puedan inscribirse por internet puden llamar a la escuela del prekinder para hacer una cita.
Please click here for site locations.
Children enrolling in 3-Year-Old Prekindergarten must be 3 years old on or by September 1. The following documents are required when applying for a child
to attend 3-Year-Old Prekindergarten and must be uploaded along with the
completed online application:
- Proof of identification of the person submitting enrollment documentation (must be a parent or legal guardian)
- The student’s original birth certificate, birth registration or birth record
- A copy of the student’s immunization record
- Two proofs of residency (rental agreement or mortgage statement and a current utility bill)
- Custody order (if applicable)
- Income Documentation (see below)
- One month of pay stubs
Public Prekindergarten programs in Maryland are designed to improve the school readiness of children who are economically disadvantaged or homeless, have an active IEP, and/or speak a home language other than English. To determine income eligibility please click on the following link: income eligibility All families must provide verification by submitting one of the following along with one month of consecutive pay stubs:
- Federal Income Tax Return (1040 statement) along with documentation related to other sources of income such as child support and/or rental income.
- Notarized Letter of No Income
- Notarized Employment Letter
- Military Income
- Current award letter for Temporary Cash Assistance
- Proof of unemployment benefits
Pay stubs must be submitted within one month of the application.
Families who do not have internet access or who need additional assistance completing an application should contact the school at which they intend to enroll their student. School staff are able to assist families with completion of the online application.
Information about the recommended immunizations for children entering school is available at www.cdc.gov/vaccines/.
Full-day 3-Year-Old Prekindergarten programs are offered at some elementary schools. A non-mandated program funded by the state, prekindergarten opportunities are based on economic need of the student and other Maryland State Department of Education criteria.
AACPS prekindergarten programs offer a high-quality educational experience to eligible children in order to prepare them with the foundational knowledge and skills necessary for school success in kindergarten and beyond.
Public 3-Year-Old Prekindergarten may not be used as an alternative to kindergarten. Applications are limited to students that qualify under income guidelines, have an active IEP, and/or speak a home language other than English. Some schools may have waiting lists.