What are the benefits of language learning?
Learning another language at an early age:
- It has a positive effect on intellectual growth and academic achievement.
- Enriches and enhances a child’s mental development.
- It leaves students with more mental flexibility, critical thinking and creativity.
- Improves a child’s understanding of his/her native language.
- It creates a greater sensitivity to language and a better ear for listening.
- It gives a child the ability to communicate with people he/she would otherwise not have the chance to know.
- Opens the door to other cultures and helps a child understand and appreciate people from other countries.
- Gives a student a head start on language requirements for college.
- Increases job opportunities in many careers where knowing another language is a real asset.
For more resources on the benefits of learning a language, click here.