Absences must be communicated within 3 days of the absence(s). The parent/guardian may send in a written note explaining the absence or complete the online form in the Parent Portal. When a student is absent five (5) consecutive days, a doctor’s note is also required.
Here are the instructions if you would like to submit an online absence/early dismissal note through Parent Portal:
From your phone:
1. Select your PowerSchool app on your phone
2. If you have multiple students at AACPS, make sure the correct student is selected in the top right-hand corner.
3. At the bottom right of the screen, select "... More".
4. Select Forms
5. Select 2023-20024 AACPS - Absence or Early Dismissal Form
6. Enter the information about the absence or early dismissal on the form and submit.
From your desktop:
1. Go to AACPS.org
2. Select Student/Parent Portal tab at the top of the screen
3. Click on PowerSchool in the right side of your screen
4. Make sure you are on your parent account. You should see your name in the top right of the screen.
5. If you have multiple kids at AACPS, make sure you select your student that you are writing your note for (located on the blue bar towards the top)
6. Select Forms
7. Select 2023-2024 AACPS - Absence or Early Dismissal Form.
8. Enter the information about the absence or early dismissal on the form and submit.
If you are having problems with your parent portal login, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.