Parent Quick Tips
Set up a Routine Learning Schedule
A routine schedule for learning is important, if students are to get the most out of learning .
- Post your daily schedule, so everyone knows what to expect.
- Embrace the opportunity to include physical activity, social connection, ordown time during the daily lunch break.
Set Up a Learning Space
Organize a dedicated learning space, even if it's just a corner of a room or at the kitchen table.
- Noise Free - Try to find a space that is free from noise and other distractions.
- Focus Friendly - If you have multiple students, consider different spaces for each. Monitor Progress - Although online learning is typically completed independently, check in with your student to monitor progress.
- Flexibility is Key - Work with your student to create a space. Some will work better seated, while others do better standing. Some may need to refocus by moving from a desk to a space on the floor.
- Background- have students explore different backgrounds for the virtual classroom