Ms. Virginia Sutherin
What Is the Personal Project?
- A personal and creative work initiated and developed by the student.
- Student-directed inquiry aimed at developing the skills necessary to be independent, lifelong learners
- A differentiated learning opportunity that allows for expression according to students’ individual needs
What do I have to do with the Personal Project?
- Investigate a project of their choice
- Plan steps for completion
- Take action and complete the final product or outcome
- Reflect on the project and process
- Participate in lessons and be graded on personal project work in English classes, Q4 of Grade 9 and Q1 of Grade 10
- Present at IB Project Expo Night (location: OMHS Media Center) on Tuesday, March 5, 2019
What are the benefits?
The personal project is an opportunity to explore a topic you have a personal interest in or connection to. It is also a great example to use in college admission essays and job interviews. It shows your ability to take initiative, think critically, and communicate effectively—a few of the many skills you need to be college and career ready.