Emergency Closing/Weather Notification Services
How are Weather-Related Decisions Made?
When inclement weather occurs, AACPS has personnel out assessing the roads as soon as that is practical. Decisions about delayed openings or closings are made with many factors in mind, most notably the condition of school lots and walkways, the condition of roads, and the condition of sidewalks students must travel to get to school.
Get Delay/School Closing Notifications
Employees may call the following telephone numbers for announcements regarding school and/or central office closings due to inclement weather.
1-301-970-8644 (Washington, DC line)
Additional Ways to Get Notified
Changes to school schedules caused by inclement weather or other emergency conditions are also:
- Announced through the Blackboard Connect (formerly Connect-ED) automated notification system;
- Posted as an alert on this website (front page - red box)
- Posted on Facebook (www.facebook.com/aacps) and Twitter (www.twitter.com/@AACountySchools)
- Broadcasts on major area radio and television stations, including AACPS-TV:
- Comcast-Channels 96 & 996 (HD)
- Verizon-Channels 36 & 1961 (HD)
- Broadstripe-Channels 96 & 496 (HD)