The mission of Old Mill High School, a community rich in diversity with a multitude of programs, is to promote academic excellence and global perspective through collaboration and self-assessment in an effort to prepare productive citizens in an ever-changing world.
600 Patriot Lane
Millersville, MD 21108
School Phone: 410-969-9010
Fax: (410) 761-6017
Hours: 7:30 AM - 2:18 PMGrades Served: 9th-12th
As of now, senior portraits have been postponed. As soon as we have a the reschedule dates we will update you.
Thank you for your patience.
Fall 2020 - OMHS Meet the Coaches Night
Date: Tuesday, August 4th - Tentative
Time: 6:00 PM
Location: OMHS Auditorium
Please check our Old Mill High School Athletics web page for up to date information and follow us on Twitter @oldmillpatriots or the Athletic website, https://oldmillathletics.com/.
Yearbook Pick Up
Please email Ms. Marshall to set up an appointment time for Tuesday or Thursday.
Time: 8:00 AM - 12:30 PM
Dear Parent/Legal Guardian:
During the COVID-19 State-mandated shutdown, Anne Arundel County Public Schools is using a remote process to enroll students for the 2020-2021 school year for grades K-12.
The following documents are required for enrollment:
- Child’s documents –
- Birth Certificate
- Immunization Record
- Recent Report Card or Transcript
- Parent’s documents –
- Government-issued photo ID
- Primary proof of residency: mortgage, deed, or lease
- Secondary proof of residency: utility bill, bank statement, or paystub in the last 60 days
- Custody Order (if applicable)
Hint: Be sure to have your documents saved and ready, in PDF or JPEG format, before you enter the portal because the system cannot accept incomplete registrations and you’ll have to re-enter all data fields.
Please follow the link to our online enrollment portal where you’ll complete forms electronically and upload your documents:
Google Class Codes
As we move to e-learning via Google Classroom, we want to provide you with some resources to help you and your student(s) navigate the platform. The attached document contains instructions on how to access Google Classroom as well as instructions to aid in engagement. You will also find helpful information regarding the e-Learning Tools provided by AACPS. Additionally, the link below contains the Google Classroom codes of our faculty, and your student(s) can view the document by logging in with their AACPS account. Teacher course codes can be located under the specific tab for their assigned department.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact student’s teacher or assigned administrator with your student’s name in the subject heading if sending via email. If you are having technical difficulties accessing the e-learning tools or are in need of a student password reset, please follow instructions found at https://www.aacps.org/Page/8521 or contact the Help Desk at 410-224-4783 or 410-222-5135 from 9- 3 (M-F).
Bus Pass Procedures
Important Message Regarding Bus Pass Requests:
Due to the large volume of requests we are requiring a minimum of 24 hour advance notice for all Exceptional Transportation Requests (Bus Passes). The request must be in written form and requires the following:
1. Student’s name, who is requesting to ride a different bus
2. Parent contact information for that student – name, address and phone number
3. Reason for needing the student to ride a different bus
4. Name of other student who the student is requesting to go home with and that student’s parent contact information, with name, address and phone number
5. If a child care request, the name, address and phone number of the adult responsible for the student’s supervision
6. A written note from the parent or responsible adult listed in number 4 or 5, confirming the request from the student in number 1, with their name, address, phone number and the requesting student’s name
All requests will be confirmed by phone call to phone numbers listed in the written notes, so please provide accurate information. Also all requests should not be considered automatically approved. Students and requesting parents will be notified if the request is denied. We understand that emergencies happen and we will address each one on an individual basis.