Our Vision and Mission
We believe all children can learn math at high levels.
- To transform mindsets of both teachers and students so they share our vision that all students can learn math at high levels.
- Empower teachers to ensure that math is accessible to all learners by increasing their capacity as educators.
In order to graduate from an Anne Arundel County Public School with a Maryland State Diploma students must:
Earn a minimum of 4 credits in mathematics which must include a credit in:
- Algebra I
- 2 Additional Mathematics Courses from the list below:
- Integrated Topics
- Algebra II*
- Foundations of College Algebra
- Statistical Analysis
- Advanced Placement Statistics
- Advanced Placement Calculus AB
- Advanced Placement Calculus BC
- Calculus III
- IB Math Studies
- IB Mathematics Standard Level 1
- IB Mathematics Standard Level 2
- IB Mathematics Higher Level Math 1
- IB Mathematics Higher Level Math 2
*Students seeking to qualify for admission to Maryland state colleges and universities.
Students are required to take and earn a passing score on the state assessment for mathematics (MCAP).
Students entering 9th grade in 2014 or later are required to take a rigorous math course each of the four years the student is enrolled in high school (Senate Bill 740) and to be enrolled in Algebra II or beyond during senior year for the College Completer.
Coordinator of High School Mathematics