Hello and Welcome to STEM!
As this will be your first experience within our STEM Magnet Program, we wanted to explain some of the logistics regarding the Step-Up to STEM Summer Program in order for you to have an amazing kick-off to your four-year academic career with us. Summer Program experiences are a mandatory instructional component of the STEM program for all rising 9th, 10th and 11th graders. Students must be present at all scheduled dates of their program session in order for their summer experience to appear on their transcript to gain their STEM Diploma Endorsement. Extenuating circumstances will be handled on an individual basis. Transportation will be provided to and from the Summer Program from the students’ HOME STEM SCHOOL (North County, South River, or Glen Burnie). A timetable for bus transportation will be posted once it becomes available. Please drop off and pick up your child promptly at these times. Due to the location of some programs, the drop-off and pick–up times may be adjusted to meet program demands.
Students are expected to ride the bus to and from their offsite program location, if applicable. Remember, this is the beginning of their STEM experience and we want the students to begin building a strong network of peers -- an educational support group of colleagues with whom they will work alongside for the next four years. The time on the bus allows students to build new relationships and begin relating to each other in a relaxed setting. If you believe you have extenuating circumstances that would keep your student from riding the bus, please contact us.
Click here for Grade 9 Summer Program options. All summer programs will be held at Old Mill Middle South.
Looking forward to an amazing summer!
How to Register for a Summer Program
Please take a moment to explore the program descriptions of all programs offered to incoming STEM and STEM-BMAH 9th graders. When you have identified a program, please proceed to the registration section of this website to enroll in your Step-Up to STEM course.
- If you are a current Anne Arundel County Public School student, have your school ID number and password ready.
- If you are a private school or transfer (out-of-area) student, please have your username and password that you created when submitting your application for magnet programs.
- If you are experiencing trouble with your username or password, please contact Dr. Wieczorek at firstname.lastname@example.org with your top three choices. He will assign the highest available session.
Important Note: All programs have a capacity of 20 students. Programs are filled on a first come, first serve basis. If, at the time of registration, a program does not appear on the registration portal listing, this indicates the requested program has reached capacity and is no longer accepting students. Please select another program from the list as classes may not exceed 20 students. To access the greatest number of program selections, we highly recommend logging in and registering at the time registration goes live.
See the step-by-step process below on how to register. Please follow each step closely.
2. Enter your username, and password and click "sign in".
3. Click on the action drop-down menu for the appropriate Magnet Program. Select "Step-Up to STEM Registration". Then select "Go."
4. You will be directed to the registration page where you are given the option to select a program. Please remember, if an option does not appear in the listing, the class has reached capacity and is no longer available.
5. Click submit. You should receive a confirmation email to the primary email address listed. Please keep this email for your records. Please be sure to check your spam folder as well.
Transportation is provided from the "home STEM school"* to the offsite location of the STEM Summer Program. Parents and guardians are responsible for transporting their students to and from the "home STEM school."* Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled departure time for check in with the location liaison.
IMPORTANT: If your Summer Program is hosted at your "home STEM school" please arrive at the school by 8:45 AM. Your program instructor will greet you at the main entrance and take students to the appropriate classroom at 8:55 AM. If you arrive after this time, please check-in at the main office where they will direct you to the appropriate classroom.
*Home STEM School: The school at which you or your student will be attending the STEM or STEM-BMAH Magnet Program.