Counseling Support Office
Office Phone: 410-672-0938
Office Fax: 410-305-1354
The School Counseling Department
- Provides consultation and counseling services for students, teachers, and parents to promote academic success.
- Provides individual, group, and family counseling services on an ongoing and as needed basis.
- Attends appropriate community and agency meetings that support student families and community members.
- Interfaces with multiple agencies to ensure access to necessary services.
- Works jointly with administration, interdisciplinary teams, appropriate staff, and community members to provide a safe learning environment.
- Participates on the following teams as appropriate: Incident Command System (ICS Team, SIT, MIT, MSAP, IEP, IDT, 504, etc.)
- Interprets and maintains the permanent records of students.
- Evaluates the records of entering students for proper placement.
- Provides necessary information for transferring students.
- Provides information to withdrawing students regarding alternatives toward completing an educational program.
- Coordinates articulation for students entering and leaving middle school.
- Coordinates a comprehensive conflict resolution program to include management of the Peer Mediation Program and Advisory Program.
- Utilizes data for purposeful program planning.
The following documents are required for enrollment:
• Child’s documents –
o Birth Certificate
o Immunization Record
o Recent Report Card or Transcript
• Parent’s documents –
o Government-issued photo ID
o Primary proof of residency: mortgage, deed, or lease
o Secondary proof of residency: utility bill, bank statement, or paystub in the last
o Custody Order (if applicable)
Hint: Be sure to have your documents saved and ready, in PDF or JPEG format, before you
enter the portal because the system cannot accept incomplete registrations and you will have to
re-enter all data fields.
Please follow the link to our online enrollment portal where you’ll complete forms electronically
and upload your documents:
• English: https://secure.aacps.org/webapps/SEFP/en-US/OSS
• Spanish: https://secure.aacps.org/webapps/SEFP/es-ES/OSS
WITHDRAWING or TRANSFERRING FROM MACARTHUR MIDDLE SCHOOL: Request Form
If you feel that your child is being harassed or bullied, please read the information on the attached link, fill out the attached form, and return it to Arundel Middle School as soon as possible. The school will address the issue and provide support for you and your child to ensure that they feel safe at school. If you need support regarding a potential harassment or bullying situation, do not hesitate to call a school counselor or an administrator.