COVID-Related Leave (Previously FFCRA)
The Families First Coronavirus Response Act (“FFCRA”) was in effect from April 1, 2020 through December 31, 2020. Congress has not acted to extend the leave provisions. AACPS currently offers paid COVID-related leave to address most of the employee quarantine scenarios that were covered under the FFCRA. AACPS offers unpaid leave to address COVID-related childcare needs.
- For Intermittent Childcare Needs, please complete the Request for Intermittent COVID-Related Leave - Childcare Onlyalong with your Application. This form must be submitted with the application and should reflect your anticipated leave schedule for the first 30 days. You can submit this form by email to Cynthia Smith (A-K) and Jowan Sharps (L-Z) or fax to 443-458-0140. If approved, this form must subsequently be submitted to your Supervisor biweekly, on the first day of each pay period.
Attention: Effective July 1, 2021, there will be changes to current FMLA implementation. A summary of the changes was sent to all staff on April 29, 2021. To review the memo, click here.
Submit the following forms if it’s anticipated that you will be absent for an extended period of time (either continuously or intermittently), due to:
- pregnancy or paternity
- your own serious illness
- or a family member’s serious illness.
You should submit the forms as soon as you are aware that you might need leave, regardless of whether you have paid leave available to you. Please submit all forms via fax to 443-458-0140. Please do not basket mail documentation as it is not the most time efficient method of delivery.
Leave of Absence
Please contact the IDLM Office regarding leave of absence requests before submitting the following form:
Return to Work/Restrictions
You must submit one or both of the following forms if:
- you have been absent from work for more than 10 consecutive days, OR
- you became ill at work and EMS was called, OR
- you are returning from any period of absence with restrictions in your ability to perform your duties
You may not return to work without submitting it, and receiving authorization to return from your supervisor and/or the IDLM office. Please submit all forms via fax to 443-458-0140. Please do not basket mail documentation as it is not the most time efficient method of delivery.
If you are looking for the updated procedures and timelines for requesting COVID-Related Accommodations, click here.
If you have a disability, and require a modification to your work environment or duties in order to perform the essential functions of your position, you must complete the following forms:
Please submit all forms via fax to 443-458-0140. Please do not mail documentation as it is not the most time efficient method of delivery.