Teaching Artist Opportunities
Work with PVA!
The PVA Magnet program offers arts students the opportunity to build their artistic skill. The program is designed to engage students in focused arts instruction with highly qualified teachers and professional artists to foster aesthetic and critical thinking, creative inquiry, and artistic excellence. During extended day instruction, students from all arts primes have the chance to further refine their craft in small group instruction while expanding their creative lens through collaboration, community engagement, and multiple performance avenues.
Let us know you are interested and we will reach out with more details!
PVA High School Opportunities
Opportunity for Extended Day Project Residencies
Teaching artists in a variety of arts disciplines are sought for project residencies in support of the PVA High School Extended Day program.
- Serve between 10-20 sessions, 10-30 students per project, over an extended period of time
- May be scheduled within a full or half trimester structure (Fall, Winter, Spring) between September-November, November-February, or March-May during the school year
- Culminate with a performance (for performing arts) an exhibit (for visual arts) that parents may attend, and/or portfolio material for the student (video recording, photographic evidence, written evidence, etc.)
- Projects are typically held at Studio 39 in Annapolis
Opportunity for Extended Day Applied Arts Teaching Residencies
Teaching artists in a variety of arts disciplines are sought for residencies in Applied Arts courses (technique acquisition and craft development) in support of the PVA High School Extended Day program.
- Serve between 4-24 classes, 10-30 students per class, over an extended period of time
- Will be scheduled within our trimester structure (Fall, Winter, Spring) during the school year
- Culminate with a portfolio material for the student (video recording, photographic evidence, written evidence, etc.)
- Courses are typically offered at Studio 39 in Annapolis, see Course Offerings for more details
- Applied Arts Course Offerings 2019-2020
Selected artists should have previous teaching experience. Experience with secondary students preferred.
If selected artists have not been processed through Anne Arundel County Public Schools (fingerprinted and have background checks on file) within the last year, they should be prepared to do so.
**Deadline extended to July 15**
*Forms work best with non-Chrome browers / If the SUBMIT button is not working, please download the form to your computer first, then fill it out, save, and send it to the address below
All forms, lesson plans and other supporting documents can be submitted to the PVA High School Extended Day Specialist, Jillian Murphy, at email@example.com