AVID is an academic encore class comprised of over 200 students. Interested students apply and participate in the AVID interview process from which selections are made based on the AVID criteria and available spots.
AVID is designed to provide academic support to students “in the middle” in order to prepare them for eligibility to four-year colleges and universities. During the AVID elective, students focus on writing, reading, inquiry, collaboration and organization while engaging in higher level thinking, teambuilding and college and career exploration. AVID students are mentored on their academic strengths and weaknesses and facilitate small group tutorials with their peers.
- AVID students at Lindale make up 18% of the student population
- Many of the faculty at Lindale are AVID trained
- AVID students visit several colleges while in middle school
- AVID Ambassadors gain leadership experience
Help prepare students for college! AVID tutors NEEDED!
- Facilitate a small group of students during the school day.
- You do not need to be an expert on any subject.
- You are not acting as a typical “tutor.” You are serving as an adult facilitator of the tutorial process.
- Training is provided and scheduling is flexible.