AVID at Annapolis Middle School is an academic encore class comprised of approximately 200 students. Interested students apply and participate in the AVID interview process from which selections are made based on the AVID criteria and available spots.
AVID is designed to provide academic support to students in the academic middle in order to prepare them for eligibility to four-year colleges and universities. During the AVID elective, students focus on writing, reading, inquiry, collaboration and organization while engaging in higher level thinking, teambuilding and college exploration. AVID students are mentored on their academic strengths and weaknesses and facilitate small group tutorials with their peers.
- Middle School, AVID Access Award for student enrollment for Academic year 2015-2016
- All AVID students are enrolled in a high school credit bearing Foreign Language course
- 100% of AVID 8th graders receive acceptance in the high school level AVID program
Help prepare students for college. AVID tutors NEEDED!
- Facilitate a small group of students
- No need to be an expert on any subject
- Training is provided and scheduling is flexible
- Field trip chaperones