AVID is an academic elective program that helps students achieve the necessary skills required to be eligible for university acceptance. AVID’s mission is to close the achievement gap by preparing all students for college readiness and success in a global society.
At its heart, AVID is a philosophy…
Hold students accountable to the highest standards,
provide academic and social support
and they will rise to the challenge.
The AVID program at Arundel Senior High School is designed for motivated students who have a grade point average above a 2.5, are currently enrolled in or will attempt to enroll in Honors and Advanced Placement (AP) courses, and have a strong work ethic necessary for individual success. Every AVID student is expected to demonstrate good character and appropriate citizenship in the Arundel High School community. AVID students will benefit from the additional leadership, study and time management skills enhanced in the AVID classroom. AVID students are expected to be individually motivated and determined to achieve university acceptance at the end of their high school career.
- 223 AVID students enrolled in our program for the 2018-19 school year
- 96% of the AVID Class of 2018 who applied to a 4-year college/university were accepted
- AVID Site Team membership has increased by 75%
- Senior Scholarship offers in 2019 exceeded $4.2 million
- The number of seniors receiving scholarships has more than tripled since 2014