The Department of Career & Technology Education's mission is to provide all students access to programs and courses that are both academically rigorous and relevant to their lives, and a learning experience to enhance educational pursuits and future career success.
Courses, programs and resources should:
- ensure that all high school graduates are career and college ready
- prepare students to earn industry certifications
- promote the transferable skills of problem-solving, decision-making, and effective communication
- provide value-added options for all career pathways
- prepare students for occupations in the 21st century workforce