The mission of the Maryland State PTA is to make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children.
We accomplish our mission by:
- Supporting and speaking on behalf of children and youth in the schools, in the community, and before government bodies and other organizations that make decisions affecting children;
- Assisting parents in developing the skills they need to raise and protect their children; an
- Encouraging parents and public involvement in the public schools of this nation.
National PTA Values:
- Collaboration: We will work in partnership with a wide array of individuals and organizations to broaden and enhance our ability to serve and advocate for all children and families.
- Commitment: We are dedicated to children’s educational success, health, and well-being through strong family and community engagement while remaining accountable to the principles upon which our association was founded.
- Diversity: We acknowledge the potential of everyone without regard, including but not limited to: age, culture, economic status, educational background, ethnicity, gender, geographic location, legal status, marital status, mental ability, national origin, organizational position, parental status, physical ability, political philosophy, race, religion, sexual orientation, and work experience.
- Respect: We value the individual contributions of members, employees, volunteers, and partners as we work collaboratively to achieve our association’s goals.
- Accountability: All members, employees, volunteers, and partners have a shared responsibility to align their efforts toward the achievement of our association’s strategic initiatives.
MLA: "Maryland Pta Website." Insert Name of Site in Italics. N.p., n.d. Web. 09 Feb. 2019 <http://www.mdpta.org/bridge_mission.html>.
APA: Maryland Pta Website. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.mdpta.org/bridge_mission.html
Chicago: Maryland Pta Website, http://www.mdpta.org/bridge_mission.html (accessed February 09, 2019).