The mission of Marley Glen School is to provide a collaborative approach that promotes the students’ education and independence in school, at home, in the community and vocational setting.
Marley Glen School is where:
- All students are actively participating in the learning process.
- Ongoing staff development is provided to all staff to meet the unique needs of all students.
- Staff, students, and families openly communicate with respect, dignity, and kindness to maintain a positive relationship.
- Education occurs in a safe, clean, inviting facility with up to date technology and equipment.
- All students will achieve maximum independence through expanding old ideas and exploring new ideas.
- Staff, families and community celebrate all students’ successes and efforts.
- Collaboration occurs to meet the needs of all students and families.
We are committed to:
- Teaching independence in all environments in preparation for a least restrictive environment
- Working as a team with staff, parents, community, care providers, and transportation agencies to meet all students needs
- Keeping current with best instructional practices; the most current technology
- Maintaining open and honest, effective communication with families and staff
- Integrating students into the community for the purpose of accessing community resources and vocational training
- Connecting services to students and families
- Executing ideas/goals/changes with efficiency
- Celebrating student, family, and staff efforts; and
- Treating students, families, and staff with respect and dignity
Making A Difference Day by Day...