MYP Personal Project
The IB MYP personal project is the culminating project of the IB Middle Years Programme (MYP). It is an opportunity for the students to showcase the skills they have developed throughout the Middle Years Programme by independently working on a project of their own choosing. There is no limit to the types of projects that students can choose to do: science experiments, community service projects, artisitic endeavors, and design & construction projects.
These student-planned learning activities include:
- deciding what they want to learn about, identifying what they already know, and discovering what they will need to know to complete the project
- creating proposals or criteria for their project, planning their time and materials, and recording developments of the project
- making decisions, developing understandings and solving problems, communicating with their supervisor and others, and creating a product or developing an outcome evaluating the product/outcome and reflecting on their project and their learning.
The aims of the MYP projects are to encourage and enable students to:
- participate in a sustained, self-directed inquiry within a global context
- generate creative new insights and develop deeper understandings through in-depth investigation
- demonstrate the skills, attitudes and knowledge required to complete a project over an extended period of time
- communicate effectively in a variety of situations
- demonstrate responsible action through, or as a result of, learning
- appreciate the process of learning and take pride in their accomplishments.
Visit our Personal Project website for detailed information regarding development of student projects.