Purple Star Club
MacArthur Middle School, Fort Meade, MD
· Identifying military-connected students who are newly enrolled or soon to be enrolled at the school.
· Act as the point of contact between the school and military-connected students/families.
· Connecting and informing military-connected students/families with available school services (resources).
· Assisting in coordinating school programs for military-connected students.
· Helping military-connected students/families navigate the transition into and out of school.
Student Ambassador Program Guided by Purple Star Club:
6th grade: Daniel Adegbenro , Ayah Abouharia, Abdul Salam Asuni, Daniel Cephas, & Paris Short.
7th grade: Christopher Champagne, Omma Gutierrez, & Jayla Allard.
8th grade: Elhaj Haidara, Shambhavi Bohara, Shaniecia Benjamin, Joshua Cunningham, & Cailey Carter.
*For military-connected resources: https://www.aacpsdodea.org/copy-of-literacy
*For counseling services: https://www.aacpsdodea.org/copy-of-cyber
* Free tutoring via: https://military.tutor.com/home
* Link for many more resources: https://www.militaryonesource.mil/
Month of the Military Child is every April
Military Appreciation Month is every May
Military Family Appreciation Month is every November
After-school club ‘Purple Star’ is weekly on Tuesdays
Ideas are always welcomed and encouraged…
Questions should be directed to Mr. Pickens @email@example.com