School Health Services
School Health Service Personnel are available to students during regular school hours. Services provided by School Health Services staff consist of (but are not limited to):
- First Aid administered per School Health Services First Aid Manual
- Management of illnesses that occur at school
- Medication administration – daily and as needed medications may be administered to students providing that the Parent’s Request to Administer Medication form has been properly filled out by the student’s parent or guardian and the student’s Primary Care Provider
- Collaboration with parents or guardians to aid students with mobility concerns (ex. fractures, crutches, etc.) to meet their mobility needs at school
- Collaboration with parents or guardians in the management of ongoing health needs of their student in the school setting (ex. post accident or surgery, blood glucose management, PE restrictions or special needs, chronic health concerns, life threatening allergies, etc.)
- Monitoring of communicable diseases and immunization records
- Health screening for vision, hearing
Dismissing students from the Health Room:
Medications At School:
Link to Parent’s Request to Administer Medication Form. Please note that medication must be brought to the Health Room in the original pharmacy container or in the original, sealed packaging by an adult..
School Health Services:
Link to Parent’s Guide to School Health.
Power Breathing: Serious Asthma Education
The school nurse is an experienced asthma educator. As at all county schools, she will be providing structured content on asthma management. The content will include a review of the National Standards for Asthma Management as well as practical strategies to manage the asthma and respiratory needs of school students.