ECAP Enrollment Requirements
Students must be at least 16 years old* to be approved by the secondary school to participate in ECAP and must demonstrate their academic readiness for specific courses by:
- being enrolled in a minimum of two half credit classes each semester at the high school having senior status with a minimum of 18 credits and in good standing.
- maintaining a 2.0 high school GPA.
- meeting AACC course prerequisites.
- meeting required acceptable performance levels on the College’s English/Reading and/or Math Accuplacer assessment or nationally recognized standardized test such as the American College Test (ACT) or Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT).
Students wishing to participate in ECAP must:
- complete the online AACPS Early College Access Program application at www.aacps.org/ecap. All sections that are completed non-electronically must be filled neatly and accurately and must be signed by the student, guardian, school counselor, and principal or principal designee in order to enroll at AACC and receive the discounted tuition.
- provide their own transportation.
- attend a new student orientation program to become familiar with AACC policies and procedures.