As human beings, we are all part of countless systems and subsystems that influence nearly every aspect of our lives. These systems run the gamut from personal to global. But no matter the size, all systems have something in common: interconnected elements that work together and affect each other over time.
Systems thinking is a way of seeing the world through a broader lens. It is the practice of taking a step back to look at the "big picture" rather than the individual events which can become the focus. Learning to be a systems thinker helps you identify the real causes of issues within any organization, as well as an awareness that system design heavily influences system behavior.
Where will this take me?
The Systems Thinking micro-credential is designed for learners looking for opportunities to:
- Change their perspective and become a "Big Picture" thinker;
- Examine personal, community and global issues through a system thinking lens;
- Learn how to identify high leverage points in a system where small change bring big results;
- Explore their own mental models to discover how they can influence behavior;
- Learn how to use system thinking tools to analyze and solve recurrent issues.
Your Learning, Your Way
Learners pursuing a Systems Thinking Explorer badge will create their own learning experience by selecting modules from the menu below. All Micro-Credential learners will complete four "foundational" modules and select at least three additional "choice" modules, based on their own learning needs.
à la carte
Interested in some of the modules but not ready to earn a badge? Sign up for individual modules on Unified Talent-Learn Grow Succeed. You will still earn the associated APC credit and, if you decide to pursue a badge down the line, you can apply any modules taken within the past five years.