All Means All: Everyone in the AACPS Family Fosters Student Growth
Relevant Research & Popular Press Articles
- AACPS, The Learning & Behavior Connection
- Costa, A. & Kallick, B. (2008). Describing the Habits of Mind (chapter 2). Learning and Leading with Habits of Mind. ASCD, http://www.ascd.org/publications/books/108008/chapters/Describing-the-Habits-of-Mind.aspx
- Crisis Prevention Institute: What’s Possible with CPI Training, https://www.crisisprevention.com/Results
- Ferkany, M. (2008). The Educational Importance of Self-esteem. Journal of Philosophy of Education, 42(1), 119-132.
- Magsamen, S. (2017). Why the great outdoors may be the best classroom for kids, Curious World,
- Nie, Y. & Lau, S. (2010). Differential Relations of Constructivist and Didactic Instruction to Students’ Cognition, Motivation, and Achievement. Learning and Instruction, 20(5), 411-423.
- Phan, H. P. (2010, May). Student’s Academic Performance and Various Cognitive Processes of Learning: An Integrative Framework and Empirical Analysis. Educational Psychology, 30(3), 297-322.
- Provenzano, N. (2015). Creativity in the classroom, Edutopia,
- Sousa, D. & Tomlinson, C. (2011). Differentiation and the brain; how neuroscience supports the learner friendly classroom. Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.
- Zavadsky, Heather (April 5, 2013) Scaling turnaround - A District Improvement Approach American Enterprise Institute
- NEA Policy Brief Parent, Family, Community Involvement in Education Center for Great American Schools
Relevant Video & Media Resources
- Edutopia: Multiple Intelligences Self Assessment, https://www.edutopia.org/multiple-intelligences-assessment
- NAGC: Identifying and Serving Gifted Students of Poverty,
- TEDTalks: Alison Gopnik, What do babies think? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cplaWsiu7Yg
- TED Talks: Angela Lee Duckworth, GRIT, The Power of Passion and Perseverance, https://www.ted.com/talks/angela_lee_duckworth_grit_the_power_of_passion_and_perseverance#t-123385
- TED Talks: Rita Pierson, Every Kid Needs a Champion,
- You Tube: Brainhighways, Dear Teacher – Heartfelt Advice for Teachers from Students:
- You Tube: Pivotal Education, Paul Dix, How to Set Your Expectations for Behavior,
- Morgan, Jacob Creating a Sense of Purpose YouTube