Annually, we will post summary documents and living stories highlighting where we are on our 2018-2023 Strategic Plan journey. Below you will find summary highlights and stories from 2018-19. You will see what work is of primary focus in each of our schools, learn about the challenges and successes schools and communities are having as they do their daily work, and see where we still have work yet to do.
Strategic Plan Highlight Report (2018-2019)
Full Report (coming soon)
Report by Indicator
- Increase the percentage of students, families, staff, and partners who report feeling like a valuable member of the school or school system community.
- Increase the percentage of students who report that AACPS staff care for and support them.
- Increase the use of restorative practices in schools and offices.
- Increase the number of stories staff and students are able to share about one another’s life experiences.
- Increase the percentage of students who read on or above grade level by the end of second grade.
- Increase the percentage of students in grades 3-8 who meet or exceed expectations on standardized reading, language arts, and mathematics assessments.
- Increase the percentage of students in grades 9-12 who meet or exceed expectations on standardized English and mathematics assessments.
- Increase the percentage of diploma-bound high school seniors who score a 3 or better on an AP examination, 4 or better on an IB examination, or earn a Maryland industry certification.
- Increase the percentage of 9th graders who matriculate to 10th grade status after one year.
- Increase the percentage of students attending school on a daily basis.
- Increase instructional opportunities to explore multiple cultural and ethnic perspectives.
- Increase the diversity within and across all workforce units in Anne Arundel County Public Schools System.
- Increase the percentage of students completing career-based professional internships.
- Increase the percentage of students (total and unique) involved annually in clubs, organizations, competitions, or other co-curricular offerings.
- Increase the number of comprehensive classrooms which are enrolled at or below AACPS recommended student to teacher ratios.
- Increase number of community-based opportunities for service learning for all students and families.
- External organizations will validate AACPS’ effective business practices and fiscal prudence.