A: There are many resources to help students and parents learn more about bullying behavior and prevention.
- AACPS (provides access to electronic bullying reporting forms)
- MSDE (provides the MSDE report on bullying and harassment in Maryland Public Schools)
- National Bullying Prevention Center (provides bullying prevention activities, handouts, and information)
- StopBullying (provides state policies and laws, definitions, and helpful resources
- Random Acts of Kindness (provides ideas to promote kindness worldwide)
A: Fostering the social and emotional wellness in students is directly linked to creating a safe and supportive learning environment. Schools that are interested in learning more about SEL and its benefits can visit the Center on the Social and Emotional Foundations for Early Learning (CSEFEL) or the Collaborative for Academic, Social, and Emotional Learning (CASEL).
A: Quality character education programs help schools promote safe and supportive learning environments. There are many resources available to help you design an appropriate program for your school. Please visit character.org or goodcharacter.com for more information.