|Peggy Stefko||Health Room|
|Linda Michelski, R.N.||Nurse - Health Room||Nurse3333@aacps.org|
School Health Service Personnel are available to students during regular school hours. Services provided by School Health Services staff consist of (but are not limited to):
- First Aid administered per School Health Services First Aid Manual
- Management of illnesses that occur at school
- Medication administration – daily and as needed medications may be administered to students providing that the Parent’s Request to Administer Medication form has been properly filled out by the student’s parent or guardian and the student’s Primary Care Provider
- Collaboration with parents or guardians to aid students with mobility concerns (ex. fractures, crutches, etc.) to meet their mobility needs at school
- Collaboration with parents or guardians in the management of ongoing health needs of their student in the school setting (ex. post accident or surgery, blood glucose management, PE restrictions or special needs, chronic health concerns, life threatening allergies, etc.)
- Monitoring of communicable diseases and immunization records
- Health screening for vision, hearing
Dismissing students from the Health Room:
Medications At School:
Link to Parent’s Request to Administer Medication Form. Please note that medication must be brought to the Health Room in the original pharmacy container or in the original, sealed packaging by an adult..
School Health Services:
Link to Parent’s Guide to School Health.
Power Breathing: Serious Asthma Education
The school nurse is an experienced asthma educator. As at all county schools, she will be providing structured content on asthma management. The content will include a review of the National Standards for Asthma Management as well as practical strategies to manage the asthma and respiratory needs of school students.
Anne Arundel County Public Schools
Breakfast (Full Price, All Schools) $1.35
Breakfast (Reduced-Price, All Schools) $ .30
Lunch (Full Price, Elementary Schools) $2.60
Lunch (Full Price, Secondary Schools) $2.85
Lunch (Reduced-Price, All Schools) $ .40
Milk (All Schools) $ .55
President: Zara Simpson
Vice President: Jody Waltrup
Treasurer: Breonna Gasque
Secretary: Gina Keil
Our P.T.S.A. meetings are held the FIRST MONDAY of each month at 5:30 p.m. in the Media Center.
All board members can be reached at this address- firstname.lastname@example.org
Anyone is welcome to attend the meetings. We always welcome new people and ideas. Also, if you have not already sent in your membership dues, it is never too late to do so. A form is provided in the first newsletter of the year and one is sent home with each student that you may send in to the school in an envelope marked “ATTENTION: PTSA MEMBERSHIP.”
We hope you will make plans to join us at our meetings to share your thoughts and ideas on how we can make OMMN an inviting place for our children to spend their days learning and growing.
“Together Everyone Achieves More”
THE MISSION OF THE PTSA
To support and speak on behalf of children and youth in the schools, in the community and before governmental bodies and other organizations that make decisions affecting children;
To assist parents in developing the skills they need to raise and protect their children;
To encourage parent and public involvement in the public schools of this nation.
THE PURPOSE OF THE PTSA
To promote the welfare of the children and youth in home, school, community, and place of worship.
To raise the standards of home life.
To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education
Please consider volunteering your time at our school. We appreciate our wonderful community and all that you do to make our school great.
Before volunteering, please watch the Volunteer Video (located on the AACPS Blackboard site) and then complete the verification form (located directly below the video link). Bring the completed form into the main office.