Amy Harris, Guidance Counselor
The Windsor Farm Elementary School Counseling Program supports the Anne Arundel County Public School’s goals of accelerated academic achievement, creation of safe and supportive learning environment, and community engagement.
The counseling program will provide comprehensive services that address academic and personal/social needs, and career competencies. The school counselor will serve as a student advocate collaborating with educators, parents, and community members to prepare ALL students to reach their full potential.
Services offered by the counselor are in alignment with Windsor Farm’s School Improvement Plan and the best practices that comprise the culture of Windsor Farm Elementary school.
These include but are not limited to:
- Classroom Guidance for all students
- Classroom guidance lessons for a specific classroom need
- Working with students challenged with academic or person/social needs
- Assisting with classroom management plans
- Developing individual behavior charts or motivational charts for students
- Consultation at parent/teacher conferences
- Reviewing student data
- Professional Development for school staff
- Parent workshops
- Advocating for teachers, students, and parents
- Supporting SIP initiatives
- Connecting families with resources
- Assisting with committees initiatives
- Support for students with excessive tardiness and absences
Windsor Farm is Going GREEN!!
Windsor Farm is in the process of becoming a Certified Green School. Starting in December, we are going to implement “Waste Free Wednesday.” C This is one step towards helping us reach the goal of becoming a Green School.
Let’s try to minimize our trash and help our Earth!