We are a dynamic and diverse community who develop the whole child to create caring leaders in a progressive and technological society. Through differentiation and collaboration, we foster academic excellence, support personal growth and ethics by nurturing creativity and problem solving. To ensure success, we offer all children a safe and caring environment that provides building blocks for life.
Shady Side Elementary School is a warm, nurturing environment where we envision:
- Students and staff feeling safe and confident to challenge themselves and take educational risks to accelerate achievement
- Differentiated instruction enabling students to develop higher level thinking skills as they actively engage in rigorous, student-centered learning experiences with real life applications
- Technology and the Arts integrated into the learning process acknowledges each child’s unique contribution to the world
- A continuous, collaborative partnership among the school, parents, and community to ensure students become responsible, successful citizens and lifelong learners.
We will fulfill our mission by using these core values to guide our daily decisions:
- We will seek to foster communication and cooperation between and among all members of the Shady Side community.
- We will promote a warm, safe, accepting environment that respects people, ideas, perspectives and cultures within our school community.
- We will reflect an attitude and belief that every student can learn.
- We will integrate new technology to motivate students and to expand teaching techniques and opportunities.
- We will incorporate the arts into the core subject areas to develop the whole child.