Welcome to Piney Orchard Elementary School!
Our Piney Orchard family collaborates to provide the appropriate level of challenge to enable all students to be successful citizens.
To live this mission, as monitored through our School Improvement Plan, our action steps are:
- To expand and infuse the ALPs (Advanced Learner Program) strategies across the curriculum.
- Use the “on demand” writing strategy to improve students’ writing in all content areas.
- Use guided reading strategies to improve fluency and comprehension so that students can effectively utilize support in their response to text.
- Use every pupil response techniques, movement, and competition to increase student engagement and achievement.
- Use a variety of strategies to improve student ability to communicate effectively in mathematics.
- Utilize a variety of strategies to promote wellness among staff and students at POES.
In addition to academics, character education is embedded in lessons to support our countywide goal of providing a safe and supportive learning environment.
In our ongoing focus on parent communication and our desire to go paperless, we hope you find the website’s appearance attractive and the content informative. You are encouraged to spend time browsing through the links. Thank you for your continued support. Should you have any questions or concerns about classroom procedures or a specific incident, please contact your child’s teacher. In addition, if you need further clarification of our school’s practices, feel free to contact me or other staff members. We truly believe we are better together!
As the Principal and Assistant Principal of Piney Orchard Elementary School, it is an honor and a privilege to work with such outstanding students, parents, teachers, and staff.
Kristy Snyder, Principal
Taryn Matthews, Assistant Principal
Jocelyn Fox-Mueller, Assistant Principal