Our strength as a school comes from the relationships we build throughout our community. That includes our students, staff, parents, family members, and community partners.
Together, we are making 2020-2021 an AACPS Awesome school year!
SCHEDULE CHANGES COMING MARCH 1:
- All classes will be engaged in hybrid learning by March 1. Regional program students start Feb. 22.
- School hours will return to 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m for arrival and dismissal.
- Instruction for virtual and hybrid PreK-2nd grade students will start at 10:05.
- Instruction for virtual and hybrid 3rd-5th grade students will start at 9:35.
- The schedule for all classes will shift to one hour later from the current schedule.
HYBRID RETURN TO SCHOOL REQUIREMENTS:
- Students must wear properly fitting masks over nose and mouth at all times except when eating. Masks must be worn at bus stops, on school buses and at recess. Neck gaiters are not acceptable substitutes for face masks.
- Water fountains are turned off, so students should bring personal water bottles, which can be refilled at school.
- Students’ temperatures must be checked at home daily before coming to school. If your child’s temperature is 100.4°or higher, they must not attend school.
- If a student has any of the following symptoms, they must not attend school, and the school must be notified immediately: cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, new loss of taste or smell, chills or shaking chills, muscle aches, sore throat, headache, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea, fatigue, and congestion or runny nose.
- If a student has been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19, the child must not come to school without advice from the county health department.
Your cooperation will help us keep school safe and open. Thank you!
VIRTUAL LEARNING INFORMATION:
STUDENT VIDEO RECORDING SURVEY: Please complete the survey HERE to grant or deny permission for your child to be recorded during video-recorded lessons on Google Meet.
SCHOOL SUPPLIES: For the 2020-2021 school year, AACPS is providing Pre-K through 5th-grade students with all the supplies needed to start the year. You can find lists of the supplies in English and Spanish HERE. The county has also issued math books for all K-5 students. If you have not picked up your child's supplies, please call the office at 410-222-6514.
MEALS DISTRIBUTION: All children ages 2-18 can receive free meals at any of the county's meals distribution sites--including Odenton Elementary--free of charge. The sites can be found at aacps.org/mealpickup.
It is still important for families who qualify for free or reduced price meals to complete the Meal Benefit Application at aacps.org/mealapplication as soon as possible.
Read here for a message from our PTA!
2020-2021 PTA Membership is now OPEN! Go to MemberHub to purchase your membership for only $4.34. As an OES PTA member, you automatically become a member of Maryland PTA, and you can sign up for Membership Benefits, including rewards, discounts and other perks.
Check out the PTA's FAQ page for answers to questions about what PTA can do for your child, our school and our community.
Online School Payments
Pay online for school items, fees, and activities with Visa or Mastercard
About Our School
School Motto: Full Steam Ahead
School Mascot: Train
School Colors: Royal Blue and White
“Building a foundation for a lifetime of learning.”
8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.Student Virtual Hours:Pre-K-Grade 2
9:00AM–11:00AMGrade 3 - Grade 5
NON-DISCRIMINATION NOTICE - NOTICE OF POLICY @ AACPS
Anne Arundel County Public Schools prohibits discrimination in its educational programs, and in employment, on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or disability.
This prohibition pertains to enrollment in courses and program offerings, participation in school-sponsored activities, hiring, promotion, compensation, job classification, assignment, and all other functions and activities of the school system affecting either its student population or its employees.
For inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies, please use the contact information on the right.