The Oakwood Elementary School PTA’s mission is to make every child's potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children. We look forward to working with all our OES families this year as we provide support, resources and engaging activities throughout the year. If you have any questions, please contact the Oakwood PTA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
UPCOMING EVENTSUpcoming Events
- PTA Membership Drive - starts Sept. 2nd
- 1st PTA Meeting- Monday, Sept. 27th @ 6:30 p.m. (virtual meeting)
- Spirit Wear Fundraiser- deadline to order is Friday, October 1st
- Steak-n-Shake Dine-Out Night- Wed., Sept 29th from 5 pm - 9pm
MEMBERSHIPThe Oakwood Elementary School PTA’s mission is to make every child's potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children. We look forward to working with all our OES families this year.To become a member, you can fill out the physical form listed below and drop off your membership fee to the school's front office OR you can go to the following websites to submit your membership form and fee online.Our meeting schedule for the 2021-2022 school year is listed under the 'Ways to Get Involved & Be An Advocate' tab near the bottom of this page.
- Family Membership Form [Membership Form ]
- Family Membership: https://family-annual-pta-membership-for-2021-2022.cheddarup.com
- Teacher Membership Form [Teacher Membership Form ]
- Teacher & Staff Membership: https://my.cheddarup.com/c/2021-2022-teacher-staff-annual-pta-membership
SPIRIT WEARWe are now accepting orders for Spirit Wear. The deadline to order is Friday, October 1, 2021. All registered PTA families will receive a 25% discount and you can find the discount code on your online membership receipt or you will receive a confirmation email once we receive and process your paper membership form.
- Spirit Wear Order Form [Spirit Wear Form ]
- Spirit Wear Online Ordering: https://oakwood-spirit-wear-2021-2022.cheddarup.com
WAYS TO SUPPORT THE PTAThe Oakwood Elementary School PTA is a non-profit 501(3)c organization. The funds we raise go directly to the school through: classroom and grade level resources, enrichment programs and activities , gardening / beautification projects, assemblies, field trips, 5th grade graduation, playground and outdoor equipment, teacher appreciation, schoolwide events and more.1. Become a PTA Member (membership forms under 'Membership' tab above)2. Make a donation – any amount is greatly appreciated! [Donation Form ]3. Participate in a schoolwide fundraiser4. Volunteer your time5. Attend one of our Dine-Out Nights at a local restaurant (events are listed under 'Upcoming Events' tab above)6. Order a piece of Spirit Wear (see more info under 'Spirit Wear' tab above)7. Attend an event (virtual or in-person)8. Sign up for the Amazon Smile program [Amazon Form ] when you shop online9. Sign up for the Coca-Cola GIVE Program when you buy Coke product
WAYS TO STAY INFORMED
The Oakwood Elementary School PTA has a variety of ways for our students, families, teachers, and staff to stay informed of our events and initiatives throughout the school year.
- PTA Webpage: https://www.aacps.org/Page/4765
- PTA Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/OakwoodElementarySchoolPta/
- PTA Email: email@example.com
- School Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/OakwdESAACPS
- School Communications through email, text and voicemail
WAYS TO GET INVOLVEDTHERE IS NO WRONG WAY TO PTA!
Being involved in PTA can look different for everyone. We know that life is busy and we want our families to be involved in a way that fits into your schedule. Here are just a few ways you can be involved this year:
PTA meetings are held on the 2nd Monday of each month (except for September, February & April) and we discuss a wide variety of topics from how to support our students and families to planning events. Meetings will continue to be in a virtual format this school year. Once you RSVP to a monthly PTA meeting, meeting details will be sent via email.
- Become a PTA member
- Attend a PTA Meeting
- Send in an item for an event
- Attend a PTA event
- Share a local resource that supports students and families
- Share a concern or question during a parent workshop
- Share a social post from our PTA
- Facebook Page
- Participate in a Dine-Out Night
- Participate in a fundraiser
- Join one of our PTA Committees
- Become a PTA committee chair
- Buy a piece of Spirit Wear
- Sign up for our Amazon Smile program when you shop online [Amazon Form ]
- Sign up for our Coca-Cola Give
- Program when you shop
- Make a donation of any amount [PTA Donation Form ]
- Attend a Garden Clean-Up Day
- Send in a food or drink item for
- Teacher/Staff Appreciation
- Monday, Sept. 27th *Intro of members & meeting format; yearly budget is presented and voted upon.
- Monday, Oct.11th
- Monday, Nov. 8th
- Monday, Dec. 13th
- Monday, Jan.10th
- Monday, Feb. 7th
- Monday, Mar.14th
- Monday, April 4th
- Monday, May 9th *Elections for board positions will be held at this meeting.
- Monday, June 6th