Support our PTA
Visit our site at: http://www.nantucketpta.com/
Thank you for your interest in the Watch D.O.G.S. program. Please see this website for more information: www.nantucketpta.com
Before and After School Care: The list below, in no particular order, is of before and after school day care providers who have provided transportation to and from Nantucket Elementary School in the past. We are not endorsing these providers, only providing the contact information for the convenience of our parents who are seaking childcare options.
- SACC: This program is located at Nantucket Elementary School but is run through the Anne Arundel County Department or Recreation and Parks.For more information about After School Care, please call Kathlene McClain – Child Care Program Specialist at 410-222-7856 or visit the following link Recreation and Parks Please click here to see the SACC Inclement Weather Policy.
- Beaver Creek: 410-721-4145
- Celebree: 410-451-2100
- Children of America: 410-721-9150
- Crofton United Methodist Church (CUMC): 410-451-1010
- Goddard School: 443-342-6300
- Impressionable Years: 410-721-0544
- KinderCare: 410-721-0690
- LaPetite: 410-721-3354
- Primrose: 410-923-2424
- Vuong's: 410-721-4400
Classroom Visits and Observing in Classrooms
Nantucket Elementary School recognizes the importance of having parents as partners in education and we understand the value of parents coming in to observe instruction and student participation/behavior in class. At Nantucket, all parent observations are scheduled through administration and observers are accompanied by either administrators or the school counseling team so that school staff observes the same class period and can answer any questions that may arise about curriculum, classroom management, etc. Our best efforts will be made to schedule up to a thirty minute observation as soon as our schedules allow.
Please use the following links to access procedures for arrival and dismissal directions:
Duplicate Mailing Request
A hard copy of interim reports and report cards will always be sent home with students according the the AACPS school calendar. However, we are able to email a PDF copy of interim reports and report cards to legal guardians if the legal guardians (according to the birth certificate on file) do not live at the same residence.
Please click here if you would like to request a PDF copy of interim reports and report cards. Again, this form should only be completed for children whose legal guardians live at two separate residences. Once your information has been verified you will be added to our duplicate mailing list. Please contact Ms. Edwards in the school office at 410.451.6120 or email@example.com with questions regarding duplicate mailing requests.