Dear Manor View Families,
Welcome to the 2018-2019 school year! As the new principal at Manor View, I’ve had a very busy and exciting summer learning all things Manor View! Construction has certainly been quite riveting! Meeting our amazing faculty and staff has been refreshing because they are talented, dedicated and passionate about working here at Manor View and with our students! Learning of our academic, social emotional, and extracurricular programing has been awesome—your children have so many wonderful opportunities here at Manor View! With all this knowledge under my belt, I just can’t wait to meet you and your children!
Our doors will open to students on Tuesday, September 4th. Our classrooms are ready—stocked with brand new furniture! Our teachers are ready-with open arms and engaging instruction planned! And, (most of) our building is ready! A few of our new areas will debut later this fall, and we will be set up in temporary spaces until them. To prepare for the first week of school, here are some helpful pointers:
- The bus loop/ car rider drop off and pick up procedures remain the same. See attached info and map.
- Our morning arrival times and afternoon dismissal times remain the same:
- Doors open for students eating breakfast at 8:00am.
- Doors open for all students at 8:15am. No adult supervision is available prior to 8:15am and students may not be left unattended outside.
- Instruction begins at 8:30- all students must be unpacked and their seat prior to 8:30 to avoid being marked tardy.
- Dismissal is at 2:55pm.
- For the first day (and every day), talk with your child ahead of time about the morning drop off time. Our aim is for a smooth transition for all! Please plan on a Kiss-and-Go spot at the front entrance. We love having parents volunteer in our classrooms and be in our school, however, on the first day our teachers are working hard to make sure everyone and everything is where they need to be! Our staff will make sure your child quickly finds their way to their classroom.
- 1st graders will be corralled at all entrance points and escorted to the Café to meet at a group before heading to their classrooms. During the day and week, they will tour our building multiple times to learn their new school!
This year we are embracing a Bucket Filling Journey. Our DoDea grant graciously purchased a copy of this book for each child attending our school. These books were distributed at Back to School Night; if you were not able to attend, the teachers will send home a copy for your child. We will be using this book throughout the year, so please help your child keep it handy and reference it as much as possible! We firmly believe that every child and every adult has a responsibility to treat others respectfully and with kindness. If we all go out of our way to be a little kinder than necessary, we ensure that our school is welcoming for all!
I am confident that this is going to be an awesome school year! If I can support your child in any way, please do not hesitate to reach out. I am available by phone at the school office - (410) 222-6504 and by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.