New school hours: 9:45 am to 4:10 pm
Office hours: 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
After fifty years of history, Harman has been torn down, rebuilt and renamed.
Mr. Frank Hebron first attended what would become Harman Elementary School in 1933, when it was a segregated three-room schoolhouse in Hanover, on the site where St. Mark's United Methodist Church now stands. It was known as a Rosenwald school, named for the Sears, Roebuck and Co. chief executive Julius Rosenwald.
Mr. Hebron became the first principal of the new Harman Elementary School in 1955, serving in that capacity until 1962. Although Harman was built the year after the Brown v. Board of Education ruling that called for the desegregation of public schools, the school remained segregated until the 1960s.
Now, 50 years after it was built, Harman Elementary School, which was renovated only once, in 1969, has been destroyed. The name change was unanimously approved by the Board of Education in April 2005. The new school opened in April 2007, and has been named the Frank Hebron-Harman Elementary School.