REGISTERING YOUR CHILD FOR SCHOOL
Students who have never attended a AACPS school must be registered by their custodial parent (biological, adoptive, legal guardian).
New Kindergarten Students
Children must be 5 years old by September 1 in order to enroll in kindergarten. Every child who is 5 years old by September 1 must be enrolled in kindergarten this fall.
When registering a child for kindergarten, parents must bring the following:
I. Child’s original birth certificate or birth record
II. Medical Records (3)
- Copy of child’s immunization record
- Lead certificate (for students entering K or first grade)
- Record of Physical Examination for students entering a Maryland public school for the first time. (within 9 months prior to entering or 6 months after entry)
III. Two proofs of residency (rental agreement/lease/mortgage and a current utility bill)
- A current monthly rental agreement/lease/mortgage statement from their lender
- A current utility bill which must include both the top and the bottom (tear off) portion of the bill or a bank statement showing parent name and address.
Current AACPS enrolled students moving between schools within the system
Moving over the summer? Find and contact your child’s upcoming school to begin the transfer process.
Moving during the school year? Contact your child’s current school and they will assist you with the transfer process.